949.463.1288

Mold is disgusting. It is gross to look at, gross to touch, and gross to smell.  Mold often arises on all types of surfaces including drywall, wood, tile, and grout due to unwanted dampness and moisture. Mold while being gross, is also bad for your health as it releases spores that can often cause allergic reactions and other irritations.

Here are a few mold treatment products that can be found in your home and can help you get rid of mold and keep it away for good.

*Be sure to use gloves when treating your moldy surfaces with any of these mold treatment products

Mold Treatment Products

Ammonia

  • Using a ratio of ½ clear ammonia and ½ water, fill a spray bottle and spray it onto the mold-infected area. Leave it to soak for an hour or two and then rinse off the area with water.

Vinegar

  • Pour vinegar into a spray bottle and spray it onto the moldy surface. Let it sit for an hour and then wipe the area clean with water.

Bleach

  • Using a ratio of one cup of bleach per gallon water, pour this solution onto non-porous surfaces that are infected with mold using a spray bottle or a bucket and sponge and washcloth. It is not necessary to rinse the surface afterwards unless it is a surface that comes in contact with food.

Mold Prevention

Mold treatment product aside, mold prevention is also very important. To prevent mold from reoccurring the best thing that you can do is to prevent dampness. Do this by stopping leaks in tight crawlspaces, attics, and walls and making sure that there is good ventilation to keep away from creating a humid environment. If you have a large infestation of mold, you may want to call a professional. This way they can identify the source and take care of the problem from there.

Other Resources…

Roof Mold Removal